This recipe, I think, made my husband fall in love with me. I made this for him on our fourth date when he came to my apartment for the first time and I wanted to impress him with something yummy! Originally I used bowtie pasta but I’ve since substituted it for spaghetti squash ’cause it’s cooler than boring ol’ pasta! Spaghetti squash doesn’t have much taste but the complexity of all the other ingredients makes this dinner not only ridiculously healthy but acts like a party in your mouth!
Also, if you’re of the poultry persuasion, toss in some chicken chunks along with the veggies and enjoy!
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1c chopped red onion
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 200g sundried tomatoes, julienne cut
- 120g marinated artichoke hearts, roughly chopped
- 60g light feta, cubed
- ¼c sliced black olives
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Slice spaghetti squash length-wise and scoop out seeds.
- Lightly spray a baking sheet with spray oil and lay squash halves on it, skin facing up and bake for 45 minutes or until the skin gives a bit when you poke it with a fork.
- Set aside to cool.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet on medium heat and add onion. Cook for 2-3 minutes and then add garlic. Sauté for 1 minute and then add pepper. Sauté for a further 4-5 minutes and add the sundried tomatoes and artichoke hearts. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Take a fork and gently scrape the squash so that it comes out in strings into a large bowl. Add the veggie mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Serve with feta and black olives!