Ya’ll know I love me some oatmeal! For well over five years I have had it almost daily, no joke! I tend to just not have it on Sunday’s because I feel like I should shake things up a bit! Ha! I like to have a very hearty breakfast and try to pack it with as much protein as possible as it fills me up and gives me the energy I need to start my day (along with my coffee, of course)!
Everyone is ALWAYS asking me for the recipe so here it is! Lately I’ve upped some of the measurements as I need to increase my calories for baby but when I’m not incubating a human, these are the measurements I use!
Peanut Butter and Banana Protein Oats
- 1/2c unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4c water
- 1/3 c dry oatmeal (regular oats, not quick)
- 1/2 banana, sliced
- 1/4c liquid egg whites
- 2 tbsp PB2 (or 1 tbsp regular, all-natural peanut butter)
- 1/2 scoop your favourite protein powder
- Add liquid to sauce pot and turn stove on to medium. Cook until liquid is simmering (approx. 5 minutes)
- Add oats and banana to liquid, turn heat down to medium-low and mix. Cook for about 7 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- While oats are cooking, add PB2 and protein powder to your bowl and add just enough water for you to get the consistency you want. I tend to like it like a paste so I only add about 2 tbsp of water and mix it all together.
- When the oats are almost all cooked, add the liquid egg whites to the pot and stir frequently for about 1 – 2 minutes until cooked.
- Add oats to PB and protein powder mixture and top with cinnamon!