You know me, I’m normally a slave to my morning oatmeal but truth-be-told I do crave something different from time to time and lately I’ve been all over protein breakfast bowls! Perfectly cozy on a cold winter’s day this breakfast is clean, healthy and fool-proof!
Try adding different spices (such as cinnamon) and extracts to create different flavours!
Peanut Butter Protein Breakfast Bowl
- 1/3c oat flour (just pulse regular rolled oats in a food processor or blender until it becomes more flour-like)
- 2 tbsp almond flour/meal
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4c egg whites (3 egg whites)
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp PB2 (or 1 tbsp all natural peanut butter)
- 1/2 scoop your fav protein powder
- 1 tbsp dried berries (currants/cranberries/goji. etc.) optional
- Mix dry ingredients (except for PB2 and protein powder)
- Mix wet ingredients in a separate bowl
- Add wet mixture to dry and mix thoroughly
- If using dried berries, fold them into the mixture
- Add to bowl and microwave for about 2 1/2 minutes
- In a separate bowl, mix PB2 and protein powder
- Add enough water to get the consistency you wish (start small!)
- Drizzle over protein cake and enjoy!