I remember in sixth grade I hated the sight of myself so much that I not only feind sick on picture day but I did it AGAIN on re-take day (I conveniently “forgot” to tell my parents.) That was a bad year of being bullied because I was overweight – even my friends were teased for being around me so I’d go through periods of having no friends at all because they couldn’t handle it. It sucked and after a solid year of being teased and me not telling anyone about it, the words wormed their way into my head and I began to actually believe what they said about me. It wasn’t really the words, to be honest, it was their feelings of disgust that made me think that I was, actually, disgusting. Remember, I was 10.
Self-love is something we’re born with. When we were little, we had no problems telling people that we looked good or hamming it up for the camera. Just this morning I told my son that his teeth looked nice and he said to me: “I know they do, Mommy!” I don’t think I’ve ever met a child who doesn’t ham it up for the camera. They just don’t CARE!
It’s not until we’re older and begin comparing ourselves to those around us that we often lose sight of just how wonderful and amazing we really are. In the age of Lady Gaga’s tight shorts sparking the biggest debate of 2017 when the woman is, like, 13% body fat, we learn to hate our image at a VERY early age.
The path to my self-love has been rocky for me, to say the least. It wasn’t for another 17 years that I decided I was worthy of throwing diets to the side and just figuring out how to be healthy. I didn’t realize it at the time but that simple decision to stop torturing my body and brain with more diets was one of my first acts of self-love and that decision sparked a journey I never expected to go down.
You see, once the scale started heading in the downward direction I figured my confidence would rise in response. When it didn’t I was trés confused! What do you MEAN I still feel the same about myself after losing 50 pounds?! That’s when I knew that my weight wasn’t the CAUSE of my low self-confidence – it was the RESULT of it. But the funny thing is, the more I moved my body and the better the food I fed my body the more my self-love grew. The simple act of deciding to NOT treat my body like a garbage can was proof that there was a part of me that CARED and I needed to acknowledge that. When I did a whole new relationship began with my body and my mind.
I know for a fact that there are others out there who are experiencing what I did and is why I’ve decided that I want to help YOU begin to love your selfie on February 20th!
Love Your Selfie Challenge
We’re going to work on getting YOU to discover how AMAZING you are starting with your health. The more you feed yourself good, quality food and move your body the more of an appreciation you’ll have for your body and YOU. Amazing things begin to happen when you learn to say “no” to the things that make you feel bad and “yes” to those that make you feel good.
In this group, you’ll:
- Receive a custom fitness program tailored towards your unique needs, goals, lifestyle and current fitness ability
- A nutrition program that isn’t about deprivation but about moving towards treating your body better
- Learn the specific mindset switches to go from speaking badly about yourself to loving yourself
- Receive personal mentorship from myself – I won’t let you give up!
In return, YOU commit to:
- Following the workout schedule and nutrition program you’ll be given
- Replace 1 meal a day with Shakeology (you can totes have it as a snack) because you’ll need at LEAST one meal that you won’t have to think about while you create these healthy habits AND it’ll actually be your HEALTHIEST meal of the day. I wouldn’t be drinking the stuff daily for over 4 years if I didn’t know it to be true!
- Log into our private challenge app and post to our group because not only is it going to ensure that I can keep you accountable but that it’s scientifically proven that group support helps people reach their health and fitness goals. And this is where I’m going to be giving you daily coaching.
- Enjoy yourself! You’re on the journey of a healthier you, one that you’ll be PROUD to take selfies of in 30 days time!
You may not realize it but you DESERVE this. You DESERVE to feel GOOD about yourself. You are perfect just the way you are, this challenge is just going to help you DISCOVER that person. The person you’ve always been but may have never met.
Ready to finally put YOU first? Just fill out the form below and I’ll be in touch within 48 hours!